Position: CEQA/NEPA Project Manager (Full-Time)
Location: 1611 Telegraph Ave., Oakland, California
David J. Powers & Associates is expanding our Oakland office and is seeking an experienced CEQA/NEPA Project Manager to join our team.
Seeks an experienced (5+ years) Project Manager, responsible for managing and writing environmental documents complying with California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). In this position you will work on a variety of complex development and infrastructure projects, such as highway widenings and interchanges, water and sanitary systems, transportation projects, office and residential development, and General Plan Amendments.
- Responsible for client and lead agency staff contact;
- Manage multiple sub-consultants, and maintain budgets and schedules;
- Read and interpret highly technical reports on a multitude of subjects (air quality, archaeology, biology, geology, hazardous materials, historic resources, hydrology, traffic, etc.) and summarize in non-technical language that is understandable to a lay person;
- Read and analyze project site plans, drainage and grading plans, elevations, and stormwater quality control plans, and translate into understandable text project descriptions and evaluation of impacts;
- Prepare environmental review documents describing the environmental setting and impacts of projects, providing clear explanation and documentation, and leading the reader to stated conclusions;
- Participate in meetings and public hearings before public agency staff and the public, responding to questions and summarizing results of environmental analysis;
- Business development in new markets, including successfully preparing proposals and participating in interviews.
- Oversee multi-agency permitting and compliance associated with development projects;
- Advise public agency and private clients on CEQA and NEPA environmental statutes and case laws and how they relate to a given project; and
- Respond, on behalf of lead agency clients, to comments and questions raised during environmental review process.
The minimum educational requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biological Science or a related field and 5 years of experience or a Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biological Science or a related field with 4 years of experience.
- Knowledge of California and federal laws and regulations and familiarity with the environmental procedures for agencies like Caltrans, FHWA, FTA, and FAA.
- Knowledge of Caltrans Standard Environmental Reference (SER).
- Must possess excellent writing capabilities. Must possess the skill to write clear, concise technically excellent environmental documents with strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, public involvement skills, oral communication skills, and a desire to work with diverse interest groups to deliver projects.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to manage projects and budgets.
- Proven track record of business development in new markets, including successfully preparing proposals and participating in interviews.
- Must be able to write proposals, environmental documents and permit applications.
- Must be a team player, who has the patience and skill to train and mentor others in the course of developing environmental deliverables.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific works and technical journals.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software.
- Ability to respond to questions and comments from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
How to Apply: SEND RESUME
Position: Associate/Assistant Project Manager (Full-Time)
Location: San Jose, California
Company Description: David J. Powers & Associates, Inc., provides professional consulting services to public agencies and private developers in all areas of environmental planning. For over 43 years, the focus of our work has been the research, coordination, and preparation of environmental documents in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
David J. Powers & Associates, Inc. is a private, employee-owned firm that provides opportunities for motivated individuals to thrive within a collaborative environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including competitive salaries, bonuses, paid time off, 401(k) with salary deferral and employer contributions, health insurance including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and group life/disability insurance.
Job Description: Currently seeking qualified candidates for full-time Associate/Assistant Project Manager position. This person will work closely with a Project Manager and will assist in all aspects of the environmental review process for a variety of planning, development and infrastructure projects. Assist in preparation of environmental documents, proposals, budgets, and project schedules. Participate in project meetings and client coordination.
Job Qualifications: Degree in Environmental Studies, Planning, or related field. Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Ability to follow complex projects through to completion. One year minimum experience and coursework, internship, or prior experience related to CEQA or Urban Planning is required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: SEND RESUME